Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

Math for Elementary Teachers II 1512

You Just Can't Go Wrong With a Manipulative!

Manipulatives in math are just awesome! They are such great learning tools, and I think they are so much fun to use. I had never really gotten into playing around with math things on the computer, but after testing out some super fun sites online I almost think of math manipulatives as games.

There are endless ways of using colorful, fun, exciting objects to make learning math easy and fun. I feel like a spokes person right now, but I have a million ideas in my head of what could be used and why they would work and how students would enjoy them.

Starting at such a young age, babies even use manipulatives. Stacking of bigger objects into smaller objects, the little ball that you put the shapes through the correct cut out and so on. And they aren't even able to talk. With all the possibilities math can be taught at such a young age in a fun way, that children will find it much more enjoyable in school. And hopefully not think of it as such a drag. Math can be fun!


http://www.ixl.com/?gclid=CLj9tr694akCFcbBKgodqwmDbA


There are endless different manipulatives for all different grade levels on this page. You can click on them and find many different options for many different classes! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment