Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Math for Elementary Teachers I 1510

So it is the second week of class and I am already starting to feel lost. Numbers can be very overwhelming sometimes. I usually enjoy math and find it fun to solve a problem and get the right answer. But somethings in math I don't think I will every fully understand.

For example, this week we have been learning about sets, subsets, intersections, unions and a lot of other stuff I one minute I think I am understanding things and the next I find myself at a loss and very confused. Does anyone else seem to have this problem? If so what or how do you figure things out? Or if you understand these mathematical words and procedures that go with them can you please explain them to me in a light that I will possible understand! Please :)

A website that I sometimes use to help me through some questions I have is http://www.onlinemathtutor.org/help/math/sets-intersection-union-subsets-disjoints/ it gives a few definitions of things, and shows what symbols mean, and even has a spot where you can do math problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment